Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween is coming


Today I want to do a quick re-cap of our recent Halloween Party.
It had been a while since we had hosted a party, and I was itching for something to focus my energy on, and I needed a social opportunity,so why not? Let's start with the place settings.

The table cloth is some upholstery material I found on sale at Hancock Fabrics. Got it for $3 a yard, such a steal for such a beautiful fabric!! I bought the beautiful purple chargers at Micheal's on Clearance. They were only .49!! On top of that is a fun thin plastic paper with a damask print. I also picked them up at Micheal's on clearance, for .29 each, they were originally $2.49!! The black ruffle plates were borrowed from my mom (you can check out her blog here!), as were the adorable small halloween plates. She and I found them at Roberts when they were closing. Paid $1 for each, they had been $12! Score! They are topped off with cute caramel apples, made from the tiniest apples we could find (close-up Right). Everyone ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the table.


On the wall I hung some creepy Silhouettes of Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. I cut these out using my Silhouette machine. I stretched some dollar store spider webbing over the frames for some extra creepiness! The shelf has some found objects from around the house, including some dead flowers. They were Anniversary flowers from my husband, and were the perfect deadness by the time of our party!

My trick or treat banner I made to liven up the window space. Used Sparkly purple, black, and silver cardstock I got on sale, plus cut a few letters from one of the thin plastic sheets I had used for the table settings. It was a quick project, and I love how it turned out. My boys even helped me with it! They love helping with crafts, which can be a challenge at times.


Here is a shot of the whole table! Love how it all came together!

There are a couple other things I want to share about this party, but I think I will save them for another post! Can't give it all away! I am going to talk about my faux chandelier that is peeking through in a couple of these photos in a post sometime next week. So be on the look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment